Position Beginning with the 2019-2020 School Year
Our Lady School, Fort Wayne, Indiana
Current Enrollment: 93 (approximately 10 students per class)
Our Lady School, a parish school of Our Lady of Good Hope and the Diocese of Fort Wayne-South Bend (the “Diocese”), located in Fort Wayne, Indiana, is seeking a dynamic, faith-filled leader to serve as its next principal, who will assume leadership beginning with the 2019-2020 school year.
The school is searching for a visionary educator whose leadership will:
• Ensure the continuation of an excellent academic program rooted in the classical Catholic liberal arts model.
• Help to cultivate saints who live in imitation of Jesus Christ.
• Recognize that the school is an apostolate and that it has a primary role in the work of evangelization.
• Ensure support for parents and guardians in their role as the primary educators of their children.
Nature and Scope of Job:
The principal serves the parish community as an integrated leader, which includes the roles of educational leader, spiritual exemplar, and personnel manager of the school, emphasizing charity and the qualities of excellence, commitment, creativity, and innovation in all school endeavors. The principal establishes, demonstrates, and promotes excellence in academic performance, character, behavior, and spiritual growth of all students. The principal works collaboratively with the parents and guardians, the pastor, staff, and parish community to facilitate a culture committed to the development of the whole child.
The principal reports to the Pastor of Our Lady Good Hope (the “Pastor”) and participates as an ex officio, non-voting member of the School Board of Our Lady School (the “School Board”).
For more information and to apply, go to http://www.diocesefwsb.org/Job-Openings-Administrator-Positions.
• Practicing Catholic in full communion with the Church and active in current home parish
• Minimum of five years teaching experience – previous administrative experience preferable
• Experience in classical liberal arts education preferable; willingness to learn and implement classical Catholic liberal arts curriculum required
• Possess or be eligible for an Indiana Elementary Administrative License
• Evidence of strong leadership, communication, and organizational skills
• Previous involvement in hiring, training, management, and development of teaching staff
• Experience in budgeting, grant-writing, and fundraising