The Nurse Practitioner is responsible for conducting home-based primary care visits, with their designated Medical Assistant, to provide primary care to the homebound/homelimited elderly patient population in Central Indiana.
• Nurse Practitioner degree is required.
o Board certification is desired, preferably in either Geriatrics or Internal Medicine.
• At least 5 years of experience as a practicing nurse practitioner is required.
o Experience in either a home-based primary care or with a geriatric/frail patient population is preferred.
o Specialty medicine experience preferred: Pulmonology, Cardiology, Psychiatry and/or Mental Health.
Skills and Characteristics
• Must be well-organized, open-minded, and flexible.
• He/she must be able to communicate well with others, work as a team, and lead others by example and direction.
• Excellent written and oral skills are necessary, and applicant must have professional phone and in-person etiquette.
• Strong computer skills and EHR experience required.
• Ability to multi-task and remain organized and positive throughout is a requirement.
• Applicant must be customer service focused and have a strong attention to detail and positive, upbeat personality.
• Conducting home-based primary care appointments for patients with limited mobility due to age, medical conditions, dependence on life-supportive equipment or medications, or frailty.
Tasks and Responsibilities
• Following prescribed patient schedule and route to conduct home-based primary care appointments in Central Indiana along with a Field Medical Assistant.
• Charting electronically during appointments using a web-based EHR system, completing and signing notes and submitting superbills for services performed same day.
• Coordinating with office staff throughout the day regarding urgent clinical matters for established patients.
• Communicating with office staff regarding any administrative issues that arise during the day and for management of the patient schedule.
• Remaining HIPAA compliant.
• Nurse practitioners are asked to carry items personally relevant to conducting home-based appointments upon their person, accumulating to ~5 pounds.
• Occasionally travelling up and down stairwells, when elevators are not an option.
• Expected travel is 90% or more, locally within service territory.
o Nurse practitioners’ days start and end at our office located in Indianapolis, IN.
Pay and Benefits and Expectations
• The position is offered with negotiable compensation and scheduling options.
o 30-minute lunch period for all working shifts.
• Benefits available after probationary 90-day period from date of hire:
o Optional Dental, Vision and Medical Coverage and Life Insurance Policy
o PTO accrual and use with 2-week notice provided for requests off
o Performance review at 90 days and annually thereafter
How to Apply
Fax Resumes to 317-925-0774 or email to email@example.com