Caribbean Mountain Academy In-House Staff
The Caribbean Mountain Academy staff work with troubled teens at Crosswinds’ therapeutic Christian boarding school in the Dominican Republic. Through counseling and 24/7 personalized care, they work every day to change the lives of hurting teens. All counselors, teachers, and other key positions are licensed professionals. The physical and emotional safety of teens in their care the staff’s number-one priority.
General Statement of Responsibility:
To build relationships with struggling teens through transparency and accountability while providing direct care to them in a manner consistent with their individual treatment plans, and Crosswinds’ guidelines, practices, and policies, and do all while demonstrating the grace of God through Jesus Christ.
• To oversee and be involved with students during any and all activities, including but not limited to; in-house activities, beach excursions, rain forest hiking, community service, and social events
• Monitor correspondence with the program manager and counselor to identify issues the student is working through to progress each student individually based on their Behavioral Plan
• Serve as a mentor to each youth.
• Participate in in-service orientation and training in child care methods.
• Maintain order, intervene in crisis situations, and administer proper, fair and constructive discipline consistent with Crosswinds’ policies.
• Maintain an understanding of each resident’s treatment plan.
• Be aware of and carry out Crosswinds’ guidelines and practices as defined in Crosswinds’ procedural manual.
• Model and teach the balanced life concept in all interaction with residents.
• Be a positive role model to the residents by demonstrating high moral and ethical standards.
• Be active in discipleship interaction with residents and staff.
• Attend all regularly scheduled staff meetings.
Examples of Tasks:
• Assist in maintaining records on the residents (levels, significant behavioral changes, and medications).
• Assist in supervising the chores and work hours.
• Assist with transporting residents to various appointments and activities including but not limited to horseback riding, snorkeling, doctors/dentist appointments, and campus projects
• Dispense medications as authorized and prescribed.
• Supervise meals and assist in house cooking twice a week
• Personal relationship with Christ
• References attesting to lifestyle consistent with Christian faith
• High School Diploma/ GED
• Must be at least 21 years of age
• Must pass all background checks
• Exceptional people skills
• Problem-solving skills
• Bachelors degree or vocational equivalent
• Prior experience serving at-risk youth
• Bi-lingual with Spanish
• Participation on mission trips
NOTE: This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employee may perform other related duties as negotiated to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.
How to Apply