Department: Audio Visual Services
Supervisor: Stacy Bone
The Audio-Visual Technician is responsible for setup, operation, and tear down of audio/visual (A/V) equipment used at the Everest Rohrer auditorium and throughout campus to meet the needs of the Bethel College community as assigned by the Audio Visual Services Manager.
Essential Job Functions:
- Setup and tear down A/V equipment for chapels, vespers, athletic events, concerts and various events around campus.
- Function in the role of sound engineer, video director, computer graphics operator or camera operator for events when assigned.
- Provide distraction free A/V support for events by staying attentive and anticipating cues.
- Become knowledgeable in the operation of audio, video and graphics equipment for each discipline, including familiarization with signal flow and the intended function of each system.
- Attend A/V staff meetings and training sessions.
- Regularly access Planning Center Online for schedule, stage diagrams and event details and respond promptly to requests.
- Troubleshoot A/V equipment when technical issues arise and identify appropriate solutions.
- Provide basic instruction on the operation of A/V equipment to customers as necessary.
- Maintain cleanliness and organization of equipment in the workroom, recording studio, athletic facilities and performance venues and report any damages to the Director of Audio Video Services.
- Participate in installation, minor repairs, routine cleaning and inventory of audio and video equipment.
- Provide support to the recording studio including engineering, mixing, mastering, video editing and training other students in the proper use of equipment when assigned.
- Edit videos at the conclusion of recorded events. Post completed videos to the audio services drive and deliver master DVDs to the IT department for duplication when assigned.
- Maintain a positive attitude and provide excellent service.
- Must have skilled knowledge of audio-visual equipment
- Must have skilled knowledge of computers, presentation software, audio and video editing software
- The ability to work independently, identifying resources and make independent decisions
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Ability and interest in learning technology related skills
- Demonstrate excellent interpersonal skills
- Flexible hours for availability (including evenings and weekends)
- Positive customer-oriented attitude and professional image
How to Apply
Please apply here.