Campus Activities Intern (Bethel College Internship Program)
Intern Job Title: Campus Activities Intern
Internship Supervisor Name and Title: Leah Evans, Director of Campus Activities
- Learn about planning events for a college campus.
- Learn what makes an event run and how to make it appropriate for the current generation.
- Gain practical knowledge of working with other departments to make events happen.
- Develop administrative and professional skills necessary for leadership positions in business and corporate world.
- Complete projects that demonstrate your ability to develop skills and apply organization to planning events.
Work with the Campus Activities Director, the Campus Activities Board, various departments and other venues.
Responsibilities will include, but not be limited to:
- Assist with planning and logistics of Campus Activities events.
- Creating flyers and promotion on Social Media and campus
- Be in contact with various venues and departments on campus.
- Organize rental of transportation
- Schedule with Maintenance for tables, chairs, etc. for various events.
- Must be social and work well with a variety of different people.
- Must be a go-getter with leadership skills with ability to:
- Be enthusiastic and show initiative
- Organized and professional
- Be clerical and analytical
Strong skills in Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Adobe Design Suite and Excel
Range of hours per week:
Intern is to work 10 to 12 hours per week for 14 weeks with specific schedule and hours to be coordinated with internship supervisor. Internship will commence the week of August 26, 2019 and conclude on April 24, 2020, unless internship is limited to one semester.
Internship Supervisor Responsibilities:
1. Train and supervise intern
2. Provide feedback and formally evaluate intern
3. Provide appropriate workspace and tools
4. Provide intern with letters of recommendation and professional references upon satisfactory completion of internship
BETHEL COLLEGE INTERNSHIP PROGRAM
The Bethel College Intern Program is an initiative designed to provide traditional students with practical knowledge through meaningful work experiences. Students participating in these internships will perform research, tasks and projects that complement course work with their majors. Students will participate in two career development workshops, two diversity and inclusion workshops, and a resume coaching session during their first semester in order to continue with the program during their second semester. Employers prefer to see internships on a résumé and desire the skills gained from these experiences. Internships are available within participating Bethel College Departments.
What is an Internship?
An internship is a mentored work experience with an educational focus tied to the student’s course work within their major. Typically, an internship is available for one or two semesters. They range from 10-12 hours per week for 14 weeks per semester for a maximum of 150 hours. Students must be registered for an internship course in their major to participate. The Bethel College Internship Program is a paid student worker program.
To be eligible to apply for an internship you must meet the following requirements:
- Full-time traditional student in good standing
- Student must be registered for an internship course within their major
- Minimum of 2.5 cumulative GPA and not on academic probation
- Declared major related to the internship
- May be required to possess specific competencies or skills to qualify for internship
- Must submit cover letter and resume along with application form
Contact Matthew Stackowicz at 574.807.7097 or at firstname.lastname@example.org.
How to Apply
Apply here by April 12, 2019.